Monday, February 20, 2012

Boutique Clothing | Denver Colorado Child Baby Photographer

Having the proper outfits for your child's portraits can make ALL the difference in the outcome. Thats why I like to have a consultation with my clients to talk about location, wardrobe and the session itself.

All the outfits in your family session doesn't have to be matchy matchy or the exact same color, but to have outfits that blend well with each other are the best. I prefer everyone not to wear outfits with cartoons or wording so your portraits remain timeless. At your consultation we will go over wardrobe choices that will best fit the style of portraits you are going for.

You dont have to invest in expensive outfits for your yearly family portraits, or even your childrens portraits that you have taken more than once a year, but I do suggest getting new outfits or atleast shirts to go with jeans that you already have. I always find the cutest clothes in the toddler and child section at Target (my favvvv place to shop). And they always have great pieces on the Sale rack there too!

I wanted to let you know of a sale going on today over at Butterfly Baby Place (http://www.butterflybabyplace.com/) They are having a 20% off sale today only. Very cute hand made Boutique Clothing for little boys and girls. Great sets for siblings and twin sessions as well. Cute sets that would be perfect for next months Easter Mini Sessions if you're booking for your children. Im getting one of their cute tie shirts for my sons Easter portraits as well.

Location is another big part of your portrait session as well. I try to use locations that I use on a regular basis or a location that Ive got out and scouted myself. You may see a location that looks very pretty to the eyes but not really the perfect place for family portraits. I had a session down in Littleton last summer that a client said was a gorgeous location, which it really was. There was a pretty pond, but it was completely surounded my tall brush and the trail ways at this open space were very tight and confining, along with the docks in the marsh area. That in turn wasnt the best of locations for their family portraits.

I will let you know of the best locations that will look perfect for your portraits, for any part of the year. There are even locations around the area that work really well in the cold winter months, but if you prefer to not be out in the cold weather because of preferance or small children, then I would suggest waiting for Spring to Fall weather. I dont prefer to do family portraits in clients home in the winter months because of the need to have lots of natural lights, and so you can have a clean and simple back drop for portraits that you plan on printing and hanging up on your walls. Having a beautiful outdoor location will top off your portrait session with your beautiful family or children.

If you have been thinking about a color palette for your wardrobe, I do post "What To Wear" clothing collections on my Facebook and here on the Blog for you to get ideas from. You can also run through Pinterest for awesome ideas too!


A nice Spring pallete great for Easter portraits...


Purple, Gray and Blue go well for this Winter family selection...

And last but not least... Mother and Daughter outfits that are perfect for our Mommy and Me Mini Sessions May 5th.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post, thanx for sharing. I like the kids collection. Kids love to wear clothes in which they look trendy and stylish.

    ---------------------------------
    Boys timberland jacket

    ReplyDelete