What to wear? It's the number one question photographers are asked...
Here are some fool proof tips for dressing picture perfect...
As an overall rule, remember to treat everyone's clothing as if it were all one outfit.
1. Pick an Inspiration Piece
· Start with a single piece of clothing that you want in the photos
(a scarf, a skirt, dress, pair of shoes, etc.) as your inspiration
· Select the rest of the clothing/accessories to compliment that piece.
· Mix it up with colors, patterns and textures that allow each individual to be unique, yet complement one another.
· With this as your goal, layout the inspiration piece and then go
to each person's closet and see what you can find. I always say, lay it
out on a bed and see if anything jumps out at you and looks off.
· Don't feel that you need to buy a lot.
2. Think Color
· Color can add a nice pop to photos and can bring the focus to the family vs. the background.
· Ask yourself where it will hang in your house? If the goal of the
session is for a huge portrait over the mantel, then consider the colors
of the room.
· Consider the setting you'll do photos in.
· Scout your favorite clothing stores and check out what the
mannequins are wearing. Keep in mind what color combinations are ‘hot'
right now. This year, orange has been huge. It's exciting and energetic
and definitely pops in green type settings. So it makes it easier to
find shades of orange/poppy at stores so you have more options.
· Try playing with about three colors. Try to have each color show up at least three times throughout the picture.
· Find inspiration from lots of sources. Look at home décor
magazines, floral bouquets, etc. Choose a color pattern that speaks to
3. Layer, Texture and Accessories
· Layering adds more color and texture to the photo.
· Try to find clothes that have some sort of texture to them (this
could be ruffles, knit, corduroy, cuffs, stitching, embellishments etc.
· Layers and accessories gives you the option of shedding or adding pieces to create a new look.
4. Remember the Little Things
· Pick clothes you feel good in.
· Make sure you can move and hug and play with your family.
· Make sure nails are clean and trimmed (don't forget the kids!),
your clothes are ironed, your kids' temporary tattoos are removed…you
get the idea!
· Don't forget about the shoes either, they can add to an outfit or
draw unwanted attention to the bottom of the photo. Your feet WILL
· Make sure pants are long enough.
· Try to stay away from white shoes.
Thursday, August 30, 2012
Wednesday, August 29, 2012
:) I promise!
I got home last weekend and have been running around like crazy getting caught up on things!
Aden starts school next week, so I've been getting paperwork ready for that, got him a physical, had preschool screening, had to get school supplies, still have to have a teacher in home visit tomorrow and then a school orientation on Friday...
I also had to get last minute soccer stuff ready for him because he starts soccer same day as school (ah!!) and had to get his jersey and everything else he needed... Oh Ive been cleaning house and getting back in the swing of things around here.
I think I grocery shopped like 3 or 4 times in the past week trying to get everything my husband ate through while I was on vacation lol. Had lots of errands to run for my car, car tag and my license... which I still have to get back to the DMV yet again because they can't seem to get my license in the mail to me (ugh!). I think I might do that tomorrow...
I'm getting our Fall Newsletter ready to go, and hopefully that will be send out Friday:) Keep and eye out for that because those of you receive our Newsletters get first dibs of specials like our Christmas Mini's next month! Those of you who aren't on our newsletter list and want to get it quarterly, please email me at email@example.com and let me know:)
I'm working on new sessions to get up on the Blog because I know I'm way behind on that and other news I need to share on this Blog.
Hope y'all have an awesome Wednesday!
Wednesday, August 1, 2012
Got kids with crazy hair? I do!
Mine wakes up with hair doing this flip back thing, but he doesnt want to get his hair cut...
Have kids like that?
I cut my sons hair because its faster and free for me, but he will be starting school soon so I will be going to a professional just so his doesnt look crazy in school pics :)
JC Penny Hair Salon is doing FREE hair cuts for K-6th grade starting today until the end of the month!! You may have seen that flyer in the Sunday's newspaper. It said "first come first serve", so they may be doing a limited amount each day, so call and ask to be for sure.
Walmart's Hair Salon is having a deal all of August with $8 hair cuts for kids, so thats another option as well.